Tuesday, July 15, 2008

More from Toulouse

Hi!

I don't have long to write cause I'm out the door soon, but I wanted to give
you all an update. I have spent a week here in Toulouse with my old host
family. It has been very nice and very relaxing. It is kind of a blast
from the past to be here again. Most things are just like I remember them,
but the kids are a little bit older. I wrote more about my first day here
on my blog, so check there for more details. I also was able to meet up
with some French friends that we used to hang out with when I was here 2
years ago. There was a big music festival (basically a 5 day concert) that
I went to with them for 2 days. It was nice to hang out with people that I
already knew and to practice my French with people my age. While I've been
here I've walked around the city a lot, basically just to see things again.
I also went for a walk and a bike ride along the canal that is right in
front of the house. I've decided that that is one of my 'happy places' in
the world.

Now I am off to Ma and Grandpapa's. They are the parents of my host father
and they live in the countryside near the Pyrénées. I am very excited to
see them and to spend some time at their lovely place. I am taking
Quitterie (the oldest) and her friend with me because they finished school
for the year this morning. One of the cousins will also be there, so that
should be fun.

On Saturday I will spend all day and night on a train to get to Luca's house
at the beach in Italy.

No comments: