Saturday, June 7, 2008

A fun night in in Lisbon

So last night went really well. It's pretty much why I enjoy staying at hostels. On Monday/Wednesday/Friday, they have a local woman come and cook dinner for whoever wants it at the hotel and it's only 5 euros! Last night she made a meat/potato/vegetable pie which was good and extremely filling. We also had salad and what she called chocolate salami which was a very rich chocolate cake. About 20 people ate here and we all hung out in the living room until she called us that it was ready. Then we headed out to the fenced in patio and ate out there since it was a gorgeous night! They have a very cheap bar that they run on the patio at nights, so after dinner, we just sat and talked and some people drank. I sat and talked to an English speaking bunch (3 from Australia, 3 from the US, 1 from London, and 1 from Poland who's working in Ireland). This was a great way to meet the other people in the hostel and there no one really wanted to go out anywhere else (and spend more money), so that was great. This chain of hostels has establishments in Lisbon, Sevilla, and Granada, so I'm staying at all of them. I hope the atmosphere is the same at all of them!

We had a great time, but at 11:30 I decided to call it a night and headed to bed to try to combat my jet lag. I slept like a rock and this morning enjoyed a quiet room and a big bathroom all to myself since everyone was still asleep. Breakfast is included too, so that's really nice to have. A few people are up and about at 8:30, but it's still quite quiet. I'm off soon to the grocery store to get some food for my trip, then i'm off to Sevilla!

2 comments:

Sally said...

I'm glad you had an enjoyable evening. Great choice of hostels.
Love,
Mom

Laura said...

jealous, just jealous...

Glad you are having fun!
Laura