Monday, June 9, 2008

I Went to a Bull Fight


So I went to a Bull Fight. It was definitely an experience and I probably won't ever need to do it again in my life, but I'm glad that I went. I really liked the beginning part with the pink/red flags and the dressed up matadors. They try to look all pompous and stick their hips out at the bull, but they're wearing tight, bright colored suits, and pink tights. The kid sitting next to me and I had a good time doing commentary on the whole show, which made it pass faster. I didn't like the whole killing the bulls thing, so I mostly used my visor as a shield so I didn't have to watch those parts.

I also went to the Alcazar (the huge palace in Sevilla). It was built in the 1200s by a Christian king, but made in the Moorish style. It was very interesting because there was lots of arabic writing in the decorations and traditional Arabic decorations. I loved it and thought it was beautiful. I learned a lot from the audioguide.

Those were my big accomplishments yesterday. Sevilla has tons of windy streets that really don't make any sense, so I'm still getting lost, but oh well. I'm meeting up again today with people I met at the bullfight, so it will be fun to have company during the day.

No comments: