Saturday, June 7, 2008

A taste of Flamenco and Tapas

Hello!

I made it to Spain! The bus ride took 7.5 hours including a 45 minute lunch stop. All in all though, it wasn´t that bad. I had a single seat with no one next to me and I had plenty of leg room (I´m not that tall so it´s not that difficult). I was able to do lots of relaxing things like sleep, read, write postcards, work on my needlepoint that Laura gave me to do, etc. They showed a movie for the middle leg which was a nice distraction when I cared to watch. There were 2 guys from my hostel on the bus, who I have since seen in Sevilla! What a small world! I also met a nice couple from Colombia while we were waiting in line.

I found the hostel here alright and I joined a group of about 25 people for a trip to a tapas bar and a free flamenco show. I talked with a British girl and a girl from Paris. I spent most of my time speaking French to the Parisian girl which was fun. I did however order my dinner in Spanish! Flamenco was good, very different from most other dances that I´ve seen.

Tomorrow, it´s back to tourism. Apparently there´s a bullfight show tomorrow evening and Sevilla is the place to see it so I might try to go. We´ll see! I´ll report back later!

Steph

2 comments:

Floflo said...

Looks like you're having a lot of fun ! I wish I'd go on a long trip to several countries like you. Moreover, you sound like you easily make contact with other people you encounter during your trip. Good.

Actually I have to go on a trip too during next year. But it's more for work rather than fun: my next year's internship (and the last one before I get my diploma) must be in a foreign country. I haven't decided where I'll go yet, it will all depend on how my search for a company for the internship goes. I'd prefer going to an english-speaking country though (my spanish-understanding skills are terrible).

Sorry I told you I'd send you some pictures but I don't have any interesting ones yet... I guess it'll be easier when I go back to Albi during August.
I wish you a nice trip in Europe and... see you soon !

Florent

Czuba said...

I am not at all surprised that you saw those two guys. When I studied in Florence, I ran into a girl from my private boarding high school in front of the DUOMO at 2 am in the morning one night. Apparently she was studying in Austria that semester and took a weekend to Florence!